Church groups can rent the camp for a weekend throughout June – mid September. During these weekend stays, groups have full access to Stoney’s facilities and activities, however the church is responsible for planning and leading their own activities. Groups can pay extra for Stoney staff to prepare meals throughout their stay or the kitchen facilities can be used by the groups to prepare their own meals.
Click on the titles below to learn more about a weekend trip to Stoney.
Who We Are
- Stoney offers a professionally run camping program. It is our goal to give your camper an unforgettable camper experience.
- Stoney has been serving Northeast Saskatchewan for over 58 years!
- Our program provides the opportunity for students to experience many new activities. Your students will be challenged as they are encouraged to try new things and gain new abilities.
- Stoney is owned and operated by One Hope Canada and is an accredited member of the Saskatchewan Camping Association and of Christian Camping International.
- Stoney is located on Kipabiskau Lake, southeast of Melfort SK. We have a great natural setting including a sandy beach and waterfront area, and acres of trees.
Facts About A Weekend Rental
Weekend rentals run from Friday until Sunday. Typically weekend rentals begin after supper on Friday evening and leave Sunday afternoon. During July and August we ask groups to not come before 8:00 p.m. on Friday and leave by noon on Sunday because of our regular camping program.
Groups create their own schedule and are responsible for organizing and leading their own activities. Meals are the only set times for groups by Stoney:
- 8:30 – Breakfast
- 12:00 – Lunch
- 6:00 – Supper
- 9:00 – Night Snack
- 10:00 – Sunday Brunch
Groups can use Stoney’s facilities and program equipment but must follow all the rules set out for the camp. Certain activities – such as the climbing wall, archery and pontoon boat – require Stoney staff to lead them and there would be an extra charge to use them. The beach and waterfront are available and used at the group’s own risk. A lifeguard is not provided.
Meals are served in our dining hall and our staff will inform you of the process. During meals groups are asked to monitor their children. We also ask that you clean up your tables (throw away garbage, wipe the tables, etc).
If you wish, Stoney has a canteen in which you can buy junk food. We typically have chips, pop, chocolate bars, and other candy. Everything is under $2.00.
Stoney aims to provide guests an awesome experience at an affordable price. The cost for a weekend rental includes fees for:
- accommodations for a 2 night stay,
- Friday night lunch
- Saturday breakfast, lunch, supper and night lunch
- Sunday brunch
Adults (ages 12+) – $102.90
Youth (ages 2-11) – $63
Infants – Free
(Prices include GST)
If groups do not have their own accident/sickness insurance, you can purchase through Stoney: $0.20/person.
Some Rules & Guidelines
In order to make your stay fun and enjoyable, there are few guidelines and rules that we ask you to follow while here:
1) Stoney requires that groups provide a chaperone for each cabin if you are here over night. There are 6 bunks/cabin (total of 12 beds). Because of health regulations, we cannot allow you to add extra people to the cabins.
2) Please be respectful of the camp facilities. Put garbage into the garbage cans/barrels that are around the camp. Use the equipment with care. Each activity station has rules posted – please observe and follow these. If something is broken please report this to the office or program director.
3) We ask that you clean your cabins – sweep the floors, wipe down the mattresses and take out the garbage. There are supplies in each cabin as well as in the kitchen.
4) Groups are responsible for their children. Please supervise them on all equipment and around the waterfront.
OneHopeCanada Rental Policies
Stoney has policies about who can rent the facilities and what is allowable behavior on the camp premises that have been set for us by our parent organization, OneHopeCanada. Groups are required to read and agree with these policies in order to rent Stoney’s facilities. You can download and print these documents here:
Please sign these are fax them to the camp (873-2277) prior to your trip.
Filling out the Rental Agreement Forms
Even if your group has been here in previous years, we always want to keep our contact information up to date. It also helps us know who we should talk to when we call to confirm the rental or if we need information from you.
Fill in how many adults, children and infants will be coming.
For a day trip, indicate your meal plans: whether you will be bringing your own lunches or if you wish Stoney to prepare lunch for you.
Each cabin has 6 bunks (12 beds). If this is a family camp rental, indicate the total number of family cabins you will need in the “Girls Cabins” field and set the “Boys Cabins” field as “0.”
If you have anyone in your group has food allergies or dietary restrictions, please indicate this on the form. For dietary restrictions that are of a medical nature (ie. Gluten free) please call the camp at least 2 days before arriving so that arrangements can be made with the kitchen.
Stoney requires all groups to send in a non-refundable deposit of $250.00 by May 1, 2015. This deposit will be subtracted from your total cost once you arrive at Stoney.
NOTE: We do not refund or cancel due to rainy weather. We have inside facilities to play games.
Please indicate whether your group will need accident / sickness insurance. There will be an additional .20 cent charge per individual.
All of your costs are automatically totaled for you based on the information you entered earlier in the form. If there is an issue with the totals, please call the camp.
Rental Agreement Forms
Click the appropriate button below to register for a School Trip at Stoney.