Well Junior Hi One is drawing to a close. Depending on who you ask, some would say it was very short week and others would say that they thought that extra days were added! However, overall it was good week. The weather was beautiful (until today!) and we had a lot of fun with some new games, testing them on these older campers. Marty Johnson, our speaker, engaged the campers with many hands-on illustrations to show as well as tell the Gospel to the campers. For many campers this week, this was the first time they had heard about Jesus and the Gospel message. So the cabin leaders needed to speak at a basic level with the campers about the Gospel. God was working as we saw a lot of boredom and fidgeting at the beginning of the week but good attention towards the end in both chapel and cabin devos. And we had 7 campers make commitments this week.
Sunday, July 23 sees our next week of camp starting. We have 104 campers ages 9-11 registered for camp. The schedule will look very similar to the first week of camp.
Our support staff for the week are:
Cooks: Val Weber, Heather Letkeman, Heather Johnson, Pam Behiel
Nurse: Rene Gustus
Grandparents: Norman & Laura Klassen
Our speaker this week is Glenda Lees. Known as “Momma G” to the campers, Glenda comes from Humboldt, SK and has spoken at Stoney for the past 2 years as well as at other camps. She has such a love for the Gospel and for campers to know Christ and the campers love that she spends time with them throughout the day at the different activities. She explains the Gospel from God’s word using personal stories and illustrations to help share God’s love and salvation. Pray for her that she would be able to connect with the campers during chapel and outside and that the Holy Spirit would speak through her to the hearts of the campers
WORK CREW SESSION 2
This next week we start a new session of our Work Crew program. There will be 7 new campers coming to learn how to work and serve as they do the dishes, clean the bathrooms, run tuck and other odd jobs around camp. But despite the work, they get lots of time to do fun things and many will say they like being work crew better than a camper! Continue to pray for Jesse and Deana as they lead the work crews and that they would be able to connect with this new crew quickly and be able to train and motivate them to work diligently and have a lot of fun while doing so!
- Praise for the campers who made first time commitments! Pray for them that they would have opportunity to learn how to grow as they go home.
- Pray for the campers that heard the Gospel for the first time, that they would understand and accept God’s love. Pray that God would bring others into their lives to continue planting the seeds that started at camp.
- Pray for the campers who have been coming for many years but have not felt the need to accept Christ. Pray that God would continue to tug at their hearts and that they would remember what they learned at camp.
- Health and safety of the campers and staff.
- We still have room for more campers. Pray that God would fill the camp and we would have more opportunities to share the Gospel.
- Pray that God would work in the staff’s lives as they work with the campers, that they would rely on God for everything they need especially as the weeks go on and they get tired.
Well I think that’s it for this update. Thanks again for your prayers.
If you ever have questions or would like to come out to help out or visit, give us a call. Like us on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoney-Lake-Bible-Camp/223713554325460 for more information and for regular updates. We’re also on Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram!
Once again, THANK YOU so much for your willingness to pray for the camp.
In His service,
Stoney Lake Bible Camp