- Sleeping Bag and pillow
- Lots of extra clothes!
- Extra shoes
- Bug spray
- Rain gear
It is a good idea to mark your belongings with your name!
- Ipod/mp3 player
- Cell Phone
- Video Camera
- Handheld video game systems (such as Nintendo 3DS, etc.)
Small electronics may get lost at camp. If you bring them we will keep them in the office until your camp session is over.
Do not bring any restricted substances (drugs, alchohol) as doing so will get you sent home immediately.
All medications of any kind must be turned into the nurse during registration. The nurse will make sure that you take your meds when you are supposed to. Please bring your medication in a Zip-lock bag marked with your name on it. Stoney's medical building has a supply of standard over the counter medications if you should need anything for a headache or upset stomach, etc.
If you have any dietary health restrictions, please call the camp at least a week before you come for your camp session to make the necessary arrangements.
Camp registration is between 3:00 - 4:30 pm on the day your camp is scheduled to begin!
The official start of camp is at 5:00pm when all campers and staff meet in the chapel to learn the rules of camp, meet all the cabin leaders and get into teams before supper.
1) When you get to Stoney you will be directed to park your vehicle in our playing field.
2) From there you will be shuttled up to the cabin area where you will go to the cabin that you have been assigned to for your week at camp. You will meet your cabin leader and drop off your bags!
3) Head over to the Office Deck, this is where registration takes place. At this time you will see the nurse, make sure your skills are right, make final payment for your camp (or pick up your receipt if you already paid in full), and buy any extra things that you like: T-Shirts, DVD, Tuck spending money. Debit and Credit Cards are accepted at registration.
4) Take a tour of the camp with your parents or get settled into your cabin and meet your cabin mates.
5) 5:00 - head to the chapel to officially begin the camp week!
Camp ends with a closing program on your last day at 5:00 p.m. and then supper. Your family is welcome to join us for the program and supper.
Stoney has a very loud air horn that can be heard all over camp and even on clear days it can be heard at Kip! The horn will ring whenever it is time to go to the next activity. There should be a schedule in your cabins and your cabin leaders will know what is happening next.
This is the typical schedule for most of the camps although it is subject to change depending on the age of campers, weather, etc. And there are always some special activities planned throughout your week of camp!
9:00 Cabin Clean up
10:30 Cabin/Cabin Leader Hour
1:00 Skill One
2:00 Free Time
3:15 Skill Two
4:15 Skill Three
6:30 Camp Wide Game
7:30 Evening Swim
10:00 Lights Out