Stoney has revamped our old Junior Staff program. The new name is “Leaders in training” We realize that not all of our participants aspire to be a Senior cabin leader but rather would benefit from the valuable training that we will give them. There will be staff dedicated to the mentoring and training of these trainees.
Training will include:
- What does it mean to be a Christian?
- Teaching Biblical principles and their practical application.
- Hands on practical work with the camp program.
- Mentoring with other staff members.
- What will the benefits for you include?
- You will be challenged to more fully develop your faith walk.
- You will learn practical people skills of life long value.
- You will be surrounded by a staff that will encourage you and be your friend.
- How to become a lifelong disciple of Christ.
- Hands on training in the cabin paired up with a senior cabin leader.
- Assist leading in the cabin
In a nut shell we will give you an opportunity to see what working at Stoney will involve in your first year. In your second year you will have more opportunities to put into practice the skills learned from LIT year one. It is worth noting that we do have high standards for our staff and do expect them to live in accordance to our “Disciple of Christ standards” year long. Not every candidate will be an automatic shoe in for a senior staff position.
1. Application Form
Click here to go to the One Hope Canada on-line application. If you prefer to download and print the application form, you can do so at the same site.
NOTE: Choose LIT (Leaders in Training) as the position you are applying for. Please indicate which weeks you are available as well.
2. Criminal Record Check
You are required to submit a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check. Contact your local Police/RCMP detachment to request one. If you need a letter from Stoney to vouch for your CRC check click the button below to print off the signed letter.
Click here to print a letter from Stoney. If your detachment will not accept it, please contact the camp.
3. Mail it!
Stoney Lake Bible Camp
Please have your references fill out the following on-line reference form or print it and mail to the address listed above.